Name: Tim Millican
Birth date: June, 15
Sex: Male
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 175lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Most of the time, they are green
Education: High School, working on college
Programming Languages: PHP, XHTML, CSS, Javascript, Perl, C++, VB.NET (long time ago), Bash, Ruby, SQL
Years Programming/Designing: Wrote my first VB.net program when I was 8. It was an application launcher.
Employer: US Navy
Hobbies/Interests: Programming, Reading, Mountain Biking, Swimming
Favorite Bands: They Might Be Giants
Favorite Movie: Not Sure
Favorite Color: Dark Green (Like Hunter Green, and similar)
Favorite Number: 7
Favorite Beverage: Barq's Root Beer
Favorite Food: Bacon
Favorite Animal: Black Fox
Favorite Video Game: Fallout 3 (Currently, subject to mood)
Favorite Quote: Iím Not Antisocial, Iím Just Not User Friendly
Likes: Linux, Programming, Tech Manuals, Learning new languages (code or spoken), Open Source
Dislikes: Windows, Microsoft, Closed Source (I know, just the usual :) )
Last Good Book I Read: Wheel of Time, and Sword of Truth Series
If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, It Would Be: Teleportation, or the ability to stop time

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Yet Another Intro

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Yet Another Intro

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code GeoMinimoto! I love bacon too! Too bad it is so bad for you. Oh well. Welcome to the board and if you have any code you need help with, post it along with your question and error messages and we will be sure to jump in there and get you out of the trenches there soldier.

We wouldn't want Charlie all up in your code's business. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hello Tim. Welcome to Dream.In.Code. :)

I like your quote...it's funny.

Your eyes are green most of the time? Does that mean you're usually envious? //kidding!

Now this is impressive!

Wrote my first VB.net program when I was 8.

Of course I'm ancient, and they didn't have computers when I was 8. Well, most people didn't have them, though they existed and we knew about them...remember the computer from Batman, or the one on Star Trek the Original Series? Those were the computers I knew of back then.

So consider yourself lucky...you got started programming earlier than some of us older folks.

I hope you enjoy Dream.In.Code. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1