New Member - This place is great!

Introducing myself to all of you!

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 588 Views - Last Post: 16 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New Member - This place is great!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Josh Lockman, and I am obviously new to this site. I had heard about this place from a friend of mine in my programing class, and he said it was a great place to discuss what we all love most...CODE!

I am a sophomore at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am currently an Information Systems major, and love it! I never got into coding until I got to college, but I really enjoy it. I have taken a class in C and am enrolled currently (and about to finish) a class in Java.

I hope to get to know some of you, and will be helpful where I can! Thanks!

~Josh

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New Member - This place is great!

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New Member - This place is great!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hello Josh, & welcome to Dream in Code!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, & becoming a part of our community!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

Hey Josh!

I hope you learn lots of stuff here and help others to learn stuff too!
I'm sure that you will fit right in here if you love programming! Remember to put all the code in any questions you have between the [code ] and [/code ] tags!
Be nice in the forums and you will get to know all of us very quickly :)
If you have any questions remember to post them in the correct place, there's usually a description in each area!
Just a question, which language do you like most, Java or C?
oh and,

Welcome to DIC :D ^^

This post has been edited by ivey.eli: 15 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hi josh and welcome to DIC.
Please read the forum rules before posting and hope you can share and contribute in DIC.
Also please visit the Hang out forums if your feeling a little bored around here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

View Postmarktremonti03, on 15 Apr, 2009 - 10:01 PM, said:

Hello everyone! My name is Josh Lockman, and I am obviously new to this site. I had heard about this place from a friend of mine in my programing class, and he said it was a great place to discuss what we all love most...CODE!

I am a sophomore at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am currently an Information Systems major, and love it! I never got into coding until I got to college, but I really enjoy it. I have taken a class in C and am enrolled currently (and about to finish) a class in Java.

I hope to get to know some of you, and will be helpful where I can! Thanks!

~Josh

Awesome intro! Thanks for coming! We look forward to your contributions and questions!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

Hi Josh.
I'm from Michigan, too. My grandma lives near Grand Rapids. Have you ever gone fishing on the Muskegon? Ever been to Croton?

Well...I'll see ya around the forums. Welcome to Dream.In.Code!
:D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1